You might panic when you discover that coconut oil contains saturated fats--except that the saturated fats in coconut oil are medium chain triglycerides. In contrast to unhealthy fats called long-chain triglycerides(the kind that clog arteries and cause atherosclerosis), MCTs are easily absorbed and metabolized by the body to prevent accumulation of fat deposits. In other words, the calories in coconut oil are almost immediately converted to energy (instead of stored) for use by your muscles, brain and organs. This makes coconut oil excellent to use in any weight management program.
Improve Your Overall Health with Coconut Oil
- Enhances immune system functioning to better prepare our bodies against invasions of viruses, disease-carrying bacteria and fungal infections.
- Helps regulate hormone levels to optimize thyroid functioning and maintain healthy levels of blood glucose.
- Rich amounts of lauric acid found in coconut oil improves "good" cholesterol levels by converting this kind of cholesterol to pregnenolone, a precursor needed to produce hormones necessary for preventing clogged arteries.
- When applied to the skin, coconut oil can help reduce the severity of acne, eczema and psoriasis as well as strengthen and condition damaged hair.
10 Great Uses for Coconut Oil
- Use coconut oil to remove makeup and moisturize dry skin at the same time.
- Rub coconut oil on your stomach during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks.
- Avoid skin damage or premature wrinkling due to UV radiation by coating the skin with coconut oil before venturing into the sun.
- As an effective nighttime facial moisturizer or daytime chapstick to soothe dry, cracked lips
- Replace all vegetable oils with coconut oil to minimize dietary "bad" fats
- Rub coconut oil into arthritic joints to soothe stiffness and pain (coconut oil has clinically proven anti-inflammatory properties).
- Instead of using over the counter baby lotion (which contains unnecessary ingredients that could irritate sensitive baby skin), treat infant skin conditions by applying coconut oil to cradle cap, diaper rash or "milk" pimples.
- Make nutritious coconut smoothies, packed with organic foods, taste even more delicious by adding coconut oil.
- Rub onto itchy mosquito bites to reduce inflammation.
- Taking coconut oil supplements daily can help improve concentration, memory and thinking skills.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.